White water rafting the mighty Tully River is one of the most fun days out on the East Coast of Australia – a water fuelled day of fun which takes in incredible scenery and a good dose of adrenaline!
You’ll be in the experienced hands of the Raging Thunder crew who after a thorough safety briefing will guide you down the grade 3-4 rapids where you’ll paddle, bounce, bump and sometimes even float your way through the white water of the Tully River!
Take in the beautiful surroundings of the lush rainforest and stop off en route for a BBQ lunch to refuel before your final stint on the river.
Want even more thrills and spills? Opt for the Xtreme Option which includes smaller groups (raft faster and further), senior guides (for more extreme routes) and extra challenges such as rock jumping, rapid swimming and raft surfing!
|Pick Up From||Mission Beach, Cairns|
|Tour Options||Standard, Xtreme|
Xtreme Option Extras;
– Typically the first trip on the river each day with a greater chance to see native wildlife
– Guaranteed small groups (24 Pax only) allowing you to raft faster and further, with less interruptions
– Highly experienced senior guides who will take you on a more thrilling path through the rapids
– Extra challenges such as rock jumping, rapid swimming and raft surfing
-Up to 5 hours White Water Rafting
-Guaranteed water levels all year round
-Exclusive Raging Thunder Cafe (licensed)
-All tuition – no experience necessary
-BBQ lunch beside the river
Extra costs: AU$30 levy for insurance charges, land management agency prescribed daily client fee, water release fees, transfer costs, GST and administration charges is payable on the day of travel.
Please Note: Minimum age is 13 years. Rafting is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant
- Cairns – Depart 6.30am to travel to Tully and meet Mission Beach rafters
- Morning – Rafting in the Tully Gorge after safety briefing and paddling instruction
- Lunch – Delicious BBQ lunch beside the river
- Afternoon – Raft the Tully Gorge to today’s finish point, then change into dry clothes
- Tully – Arrive at the Cafe to view & buy photos of the day’s action, return to Cairns approx 6.30pm
Bring with you:
Ticket | Swimming costume (you will get wet) | Lace up shoes or sandals that won’t fall off (shoes available for hire) | Towel | Suncreen | money for souvenirs & Rafting levy
Please note: All Xtreme rafters must be confident swimmers and have good English skills.
Open dated tickets please give 7 days’ notice to book. All bookings MUST reconfirm their booking and prepay any outstanding balance including levies 24hrs in advance by calling +61 7 4030 7990.
Passengers Under 18yrs travelling without a parent or guardian must have guardian fill out indemnity form prior to travel.