Experience the stunning coast of Australia with this Tongarra Whitsundays Sailing Adventure!
You’ll jump on board this awesome backpacker boat to explore the stunning Whitsunday Islands – perfect for those who are fun loving and adventurous.
Your flexible itinerary will make the most of the conditions but you’ll cover all the must see locations that the Whitsundays have become famous for – including Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout, Langford Sandbar and Mantaray Bay.
Sleep under the stars, sunbathe on the spacious catamaran deck and enjoy snorkelling at some incredible coral reefs. The Tongarra takes in the best of what the Whitsundays has to offer with heaps of new travel buddies!
|Departs||Sat, Mon, Wed|
- GREAT value for money
- Hill Inlet Lookout
- Plenty of deck space
- Warm shower
- Freshly prepared meals
- Sleep under the stars
- Stable catamaran (ideal passengers concerned about seasickness)
- Flexible Schedule
- Experienced fun crew
- Snorkel the best locations in the Whitsundays
- Whitehaven Beach
- Loved within the backpacking community
We travel with the winds to places like…
- Whitehaven Beach
- Hill Inlet Lookout
- Langford Sandbar
- Mantaray Bay
- Blue Pearl Bay
DEPARTS; SATURDAY, MONDAY & WEDNESDAY
RETURNS; MONDAY, WEDNESDAY & FRIDAY
- Fresh clean Linen
- Free use of snorkelling equipment
- All meals plus morning and afternoon snacks
- Tea and coffee
- We provide the eskies and you provide the ice
- Learn to sail and snorkel
What to bring:
Pack a small soft bag and include:
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, towel and a hat
- Practical clothing and footwear (warmer items during winter)
- Underwater camera
- iPod with your favourite music
- Sleeping bag (if you wish to sleep under the stars)
- BYO alcohol (no glass or red wine please)
- A sense of fun and adventure
- BREAKFAST: Fresh breads, selection of honey, peanut butter, vegemite, jams, fresh fruit platter, muesli or cornflakes and tea or coffee
- LUNCH: Cold meats, cheese, tuna salad, garden salad, fresh bread/rolls/wraps
- DINNER: First Night: Herbed BBQ white fish on a bed of mashed potato served with coleslaw and Australian damper
- DINNER: Second Night: Tasty spaghetti bolognaise with garlic bread
- SNACKS: Fresh fruit, biscuits, cake selection, chips & dips.
Dietary Requirements: Please note we will substitute all main meals free of charge however we suggest those sufering from celiac disease supply their own snacks.
Please be advised a $15pp holiday surcharge for 24th and 31st December departures applies (payable on check in at ABC Travel only).
Open tickets MUST give 21 days’ notice to book.
All bookings MUST reconfirm 72hrs in prior to departure during office hours (9am-5pm). Ph: 1300 653 100 or 07 4940 2000. Transfers must give 72hrs notice. Please book at least 2 weeks in advance to avoid disappointment. Travel Insurance is highly recommended particularly during wet season (Jan-Apr). Cancellations within 21 days of departure will forfeit cost of trip.
Check in at Whitsunday Sailing Adventures 402 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach (Opposite Fish D’Vine) from 9am-5pm on the day prior to travel or before 11am on day of departure. BYO Alcohol and drinks (no glass or red wine) LUGGAGE can be stored for just AU$5 per person. ONLY ZIPLESS BAGS will be accepted on-board. It is advised to bring a rain jacket during summer months (Jan – April) and warmer clothes during winter months (June-September). Departure day may change over the Christmas & New Year each year. Only zipless bags will be allowed on the vessel.
The total price includes the following local charges – Environmental Marine Charges – $10.50 ($3.50 per day), Queensland Parks and Wildlife – $1.74, Fuel Levy – $5 and Admin – $2.76 per person per trip
Dietary Requirements: Please note: Special dietary requirements other than straight vegetarian are subject to a surcharge of $12 per person and payable on check in
Telford Family Trust
Phone: 07 4940 2000