Looking for a unique and amazing wildlife encounter in Australia? Why not swim with sea lions in Port Lincoln, South Australia?
Join the crew from Calypso Star Charters (world famous for their shark cage diving tours) for an incredible day filled with sun, sea and snorkelling fun!
You’ll snorkel around the amazingly clear waters of Hopkins Island, Blythe Island or Langton Island where you’ll have the incredible opportunity to swim with sea lions – 100% wild and 100% amazing!
Watch as they dart around you, getting up close to “kiss” your underwater camera (which can be hired as part of the tour) and play in your bubbles as you snorkel around the shallow bays that they call home.
This award winning, eco accredited tour has limited weekly departures to help minimise the impact on the sea lions natural behaviour, so secure your spot to avoid missing out!
|Season||October – May|
The Australian Sea Lions are known as the puppy dogs of the sea and this is clearly visible when you jump onboard this charter. Meet the boat at the Port Lincoln Marina at either 11.00am or 7.45am and enjoy the 1.5 hour journey to either Hopkins, Langton or Blythe Islands.
- Advanced Eco Certified with our Skippers being Eco Certified Guides
- 7.45am boarding includes breakfast
- 11.00am boarding includes lunch
- Only Sealion tour that operates a tender boat, which transfers swimmers to waist deep water. Non swimmers can choose to enter the tender with the Skipper to get a closer look at the Sealions
- Largest vessel – 60 foot MV Calypso Star – to the islands with an upper and lower deck for the best viewing opportunities
- Hot shower on board
- Fully enclosed saloon
- Limited weekly departures – we are committed to minimising the impact to Sealion colonies with not visiting a site more than 4 times per week.
- All equipment provided just bring your bathers and towel
- Our friendly and knowledgeable crew are on hand to provide you with information about the area we travel through, the history of Port Lincoln, the wildlife we encounter along the journey and of course the amazing Australia Sea Lions.
Boarding times are either 11.00am or 7.45am. Please check the boarding time on your booking.
Board behind the Marina Hotel on Cape Baron Place, the Port Lincoln Marina
Transfers from accommodation places are available for $10 per person return. Please contact the office to secure the transfer.
Tours operate during October to May.
Transfers from Accomodation
- We offer a transfer service from most accomodation places in Port Lincoln for $10 per person return. Please secure with our booking staff.
- GoPro with 8 GB SD card – Hire of the GoPro and the purchase of an 8GB micro SD card with adapter $50
- If you want to capture loads of footage and don’t think that one card is enough, you can upgrade on board to a 16GB card
We operate limited weekly departures to minimise the impact on the Sealion colonies.
Calypso Star Charters
Phone: 08 8682 3939
PO Box 2058 Port Lincoln 5606 Australia