Want to discover the best of what New Zealands North Island has to offer? Well the Stray New Zealand Jonah Pass covers all the must see destinations…and more!
Starting and finishing in Auckland you have up to 12 months to complete your circuit on this hop on, hop off bus pass – with a minimum travel time of 13 days, although we’d recommend at least 3 weeks to make the most of everywhere you stop!
You’ll tick off all the must see destinations on New Zealands North Island – including Rotorua, Hot Water Beach, Taupo and The Bay of Islands as well as some lesser know (but equally awesome!) destinations like Raglan, Raetihi and Lake Aniwhenua.
There are even some epic ‘Stademark’ stops along the way too – including the award winning Blue Duck Station and Hahei Beach – getting you more of the beaten track and discover some of the lesser known spots that New Zealand has to offer.
En route you’re awesome Stray New Zealand guide will give you the low down on each destination, heaps of Kiwi knowledge and help organise all your accommodation and activities too.
It’s the perfect way to travel around New Zealand, meet heaps of new travel buddies and enjoy everything that the North Island has to offer!
|Recommended Travel Time||3 Weeks +|
Auckland to Paihia
Paihia to Cape Reinga to Paihia
Paihia to Auckland
Auckland to Hahei
Hahei to Rotorua
Rotorua to Lake Aniwhenua
Lake Aniwhenua (via Taupo) to Blue Duck Station
Blue Duck Station
Blue Duck Station (via Tongariro) to Raetihi
Raetihi to Wellington
Wellington (via Raetihi) to Auckland
Minimum Days: 13-18 Days
Recommended: 3+ weeks
*This Pass can start or finish anywhere on this route, however most people start/finish in Auckland.
- Venture North to experience the white sand beaches of Paihia and Cape Reinga
- Stay at Hahei beach resort, an idyllic spot in the Coromandel, within walking distance to Cathedral Cove.
- Overnight stay in Rotorua to experience (smell) the geothermal activity and do extreme white water rafting.
- Stay in the award-winning Lake Aniwhenua by the lakefront. Run by a local Maori family (includes accommodation, hangi (dinner), breakfast and unique cultural experience)
- Stop in at NZ’s largest lake – Lake Taupo (great for skydiving).
- Stay at award-winning conservation stop Whakahoro for wild, wilderness activities!
- Tongariro National Park (the ‘Lord of the Rings’ volcanoes and NZ’s best one day walk the ‘Tongariro Alpine Crossing’).
- Wellington – NZ’s capital city, home to our national museum Te Papa.
Experienced Driver Guide
What to bring
Comfortable Walking Shoes
Light Rain Jacket
When purchasing Stray Hop-on Hop-off travel passes, Stray Journeys and Stray Adventures.
Stray will charge the following fees in the event of booking cancellations:
8+ Days before departure (or open dated): 35% of fare
3-7 Days before departure: 50% of fare
Less than 48 Hours: 100% of fare
Cancellations should be made with your original booking agent who may charge an additional fee.
When purchasing a Stray product you are agreeing to Stray’s terms and conditions. The most up to date version can be viewed on our website.
Phone: +64 95262140
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review