The Great Ocean Road is one of the best coastal drives on the planet and if you’re looking to discover everything it has to offer but avoid the crowds this reverse Great Ocean Road day trip from Melbourne with the crew of Wildlife Tours is ideal!
Instead of starting in Torquay and working along the coast to finish at the famous 12 Apostles this tours heads straight for them instead – beating the traffic and allowing you to get a much more chilled and less crowded experience!
After grabbing your icons shots you’ll then head back towards Melbourne where you’ll stop at spots like Torquay (the birth places of surf brands Quicksilver and Ripcurl), the world famous surf break of Bells Beach, the picturesque beach towns of Lorne and Apollo Bay as well as checking out Cape Otway Lighthouse – which is an amazing place to spot wild koalas!
An epic day of adventure and sightseeing that’s finished off with an awesome Aussie BBQ in Torquay before heading back the city
OPERATES: Daily / Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat (*low season)
TOUR DURATION: 12 Hours
MAIN PICKUP LOCATION & TIME: Immigration Museum – 400 Flinders St Cnr Market St Melbourne @ 7:35am.
- Experience the spectacular 12 Apostles shipwreck coast without the crowds
- Visit the pristine beach of Loch Ard Gorge in the glory of a mid-morning sun
- Discover Mutton Bird Island & Razorback lookouts amazing views
- Search for Australian wildlife in its natural habitat
- Enjoy a guided walk through an ancient rainforest Great Otway National Park
- Drive along the world-famous National Heritage Listed Great Ocean Road
- Eco-conscious sustainable touring experience
- National Park entry fees
- Light picnic-style lunch
- Australian wildlife sightings, in the wild!
- Onboard water refill station
- Experienced driver-guide
- Air-conditioned mini-coach travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner-city pickup and drop off points
- Audio translation is available in 10 languages
- 12 Apostles scenic helicopter flights – payable onboard direct to the operator on arrival
- Any meals not indicated within the itinerary
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Personal expenses
WHAT TO BRING:
Refillable water bottle, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, all-weather clothing, windbreaker, comfortable walking shoes, small day bag 5-7kg, money for dinner, and camera to capture every moment.
Child fare prices apply from 0 to 12 years old. Infants aged 0 to 4 are not permitted to travel on adult laps and must be safely restrained within a child protective seat. Infant protective seats are free of charge and must be requested at the time of booking.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review