The Queenstown Shotover Jet is one of the most famous activities on the South Island of New Zealand and with good reason – it’s packed full of twists, turns, thrills and spills!
Take in the stunning views along the Shotover River and your professional and highly trained jet boat captain navigates the river in just inches of water. You’ll speed through the canyons performing their infamous 360 spins which will get the adrenaline flowing whatever your age!
It’s the perfect balance of incredible Kiwi beauty with all the adventure that Queenstown is so famous for!
Join over 3 millions customers and discover why the Queenstown Shotover Jet is such a New Zealand must do.
- Life jackets are mandatory and are supplied, along with optional splash coats.
- Eyewear recommended year round.
- Dress warmly in winter – warm clothes, jacket, hat and gloves (although hand rails on the jet boats are heated) are strongly recommended.
- Onsite facilities include parking, retail, cafe, toilets, secure lockers and viewing areas.
- For safety reasons, no electronics e.g. cameras, video cameras, cell phones, are permitted on the jet boats.
- 25 minutes on the water.
- Allow 1 hour 45 minutes Queenstown return including jet boat ride.
- ‘Big Red’ jet boats depart up to every 15 minutes.
- Complimentary shuttles depart ‘The Station’ Info Centre (corner Camp and Shotover Streets) up to every 15 minutes.
- Self drive – located 6kms from Queenstown (see map on Shotover Jet brochure).
- ‘Big Red’ jet boats carry a maximum of 14 passengers: small boats – big thrills!
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Summer: 7:30am – 7:30pm daily
- Winter: 9:00am – 4:00pm daily
- Operate every day (river and weather conditions permitting) except Christmas Day.
PLEASE NOTE – Infant (3–4 yrs) travel free with accompanying fare paying adult. Children must be over 1 metre tall to travel. In high water, this limit may increase to 1.2 metres tall.
All customers must check in prior to their trip time. If the customer takes our courtesy shuttle from The Station Building they MUST check in 45 Minutes PRIOR to trip time. If the customer self-drives to our Shotover Jet River Base check in is 30minutes PRIOR to trip time.
Departs Queenstown. Open date tickets please give 7 days notice to book. All bookings MUST reconfirm 48hrs in advance. Ph: 0800 802 804 or 03 442 8570 or from outside NZ: +64 3 442 8570.
Free Phone: 0800 802804