Figuring out the best way to travel from Sydney to Cairns can be a tricky – there are so many options to choose from!
If you’re looking for the most budget friendly option though this Premier Bus Pass from Sydney to Cairns (or v.v), which allows you to hop on and hop off as you please.
Valid for 3 months the Premier Bus stops at all the main East Coast destinations – including Byron Bay, Rainbow Beach (for Fraser Island), Airlie Beach (for the Whitsundays) and heaps in between.
Got more time to play with? Upgrade to 6 month validity for just $30 extra!
- 4.1 All bookings must be made 72 hours before departure and paid for in full by the assigned deadline for payment issued by Premier Motor Service if You want a guaranteed seat on that Premier Service.
- 4.2 Premier reserves the right to cancel and re-sell any tickets not paid for in full before the required time in clause 4.1;
- 4.3 A booking made prior to the time of departure must be made through:
- (a) the reservations office on 133 410;
- (b) the Premier Motor Service Office;
- (c) our online booking site at www.premierms.com.au ;
- (d) an authorised Ticket Issuing Agent; or
- (e) onboard ticket purchase.
- 4.4 You must confirm Your booking at least 24 hours in advance by calling the reservations office on 133 410 and quoting your booking number or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting your booking number.
- 4.5 Premier has absolute discretion whether to accept a booking.
- 4.6 If you are a Bus pass ticket holder, You must book your individual sectors of travel prior to boarding (We recommend at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of the booked Premier Service). Sectors of travel can be added online at the ‘maintain booking’ link on www.premierms.com.au or via the reservations office on 133 410.
- 4.7 You are required to check-in at Premier Offices in the Sydney, Surfers Paradise or Brisbane Coach Terminals at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of the Premier Service, and for all other locations are required to be ready and waiting at the designated pick up point at least 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time of the Premier Service from that point. Premier may re-sell your seat if you do not comply with this clause 4.7.
- 4.8 You must provide photo identification in the form of a licence or passport if requested by Premier upon check-in and or boarding of the vehicle
- 4.9 You must provide proof of purchase in the form of a manual ticket, printed e-ticket or screen shot of the booking or confirmation on a mobile device (with booking and ticket numbers visible) upon check-in or boarding of the vehicle.
- 4.10 For Unscheduled Services:
- (a) Premier may agree to provide services to and from any location, at any time, at its absolute discretion;
- (b) Premier may refuse a request for pickup at a given location or a given time at its absolute discretion; and
- (c) Premier Services do not extend to locations inaccessible by bus.
- 5.1 Premier reserves the right to cancel any Premier Service at any time for any reason.
- 5.2 Without limitation to clause 2, Premier will not be liable for any costs incurred by You as a result of a cancelled Premier Service, including consequential damages or the cost of alternative travel arrangements, including without limitation for any failure to meet a subsequent journey on any form of transport.
- 5.3 Your ticket is subject to the following cancellation charges:
- (a) 20% cancellation fee applicable if the booking or ticket is cancelled after the purchase of the booking or ticket;
- (b) 20% cancellation fee applicable for a Bus pass ticket if the ticket has not been activated, no travel sectors have been booked and it has been cancelled after purchase;
- (c) 50% cancellation fee applicable if the booking is cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled departure time of the booked Premier Service;
- (d) 100% cancellation fee for a discounted fare (including RED);
- (e) 100% cancellation fee if Bus pass ticket has been activated, travel sectors are booked and ticket has been cancelled;100% cancellation fee if You fail to board the booked Premier Service;
- (f) 100% cancellation fee if You cancel within 6 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of the booked Premier Service.
- 6.1 Subject to clause 5.3, all bookings are non-refundable.
- 6.2 Subject to clauses 6.3 to 6.5, bookings are transferrable.
- 6.3 A booking cannot be transferred to another Premier Service within 6 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of the booked Premier Service.
- 6.4 If You make a request to alter the booking not less than 6 hours prior to the scheduled departure time You may, subject to the payment of any rebooking fee which may apply:
- (a) rebook onto a similar Premier Service, to the same or lesser value than the original ticketed price or to a higher priced ticket, subject to payment of the difference in value between the lower and higher valued tickets, provided that the Premier Service is scheduled to depart within 3 months from the date of the first travel sector booked on the ticket; or
- (b) make Your booking open dated for a Premier Service to a similar or lesser value to the original ticketed price or to a higher priced ticket, subject to payment of the difference in value between the lower and higher valued tickets, in which case the ticket will be valid for up to 3 months from the date of the first travel sector booked on the ticket.
- 6.5 In reference to 6.4(a) and 6.4(b), no refunds will be available for the transfer of tickets to Premier Services of a lesser value than the original ticketed price.
- 6.6 Tickets for Premier Services are not transferable to other persons.
For full Premier T&Cs please check the following link;
For bus timetables follow the following link;