Fraser Island is one of the biggest bucket list items on the East Coast of Australia and there’s no better way to see it than a 4WD tag along tour.
This trip with the team from Nomads spans 2 days and 1 night and runs over the busy summer period from Jan > End March – where you’ll soak up all the amazing experiences that the largest sand island in the world has to offer.
From the crystal clear waters of Lake Mackenzie and the refreshing Champagne Pools to the magnificent sand dunes of Lake Wobby and the views from Indian Head Lookout – this trip packs in a lot.
At night you can kick back and relax at the comfortable dorm accommodation in Eurong Resort – or enjoy a few drinks at the bar with your new travel buddies.
But best of all you get to cruise along the beach in a 4×4 – which is an epic experience in itself!
…and don’t forget to keep a watchful eye out for the local dingoes!
PLEASE NOTE – AS OF LATE 2019 NOMADS ONLY RUN A 3 DAY OPTION
|Departure Days||Thursday, Saturday|
|Season||January – End March|
You MUST attend the pre trip safety briefing @ 6pm, Nomads Noosa the night before your departure.
The day is finally here, the first day of your awesome Fraser Island adventure with Nomads! We’ll depart from Noosa nice & early at 7:30am and land at Hook Point on the Southern tip of Fraser Island approximately 10 min later. Depending on the weather, and the tide your guide will assess whether it is safe to travel on the beach or if we need to select an alternative route to our next destination – Eurong Resort where we have a break and some lunch (delicious sandwiches). Afterwards we drive up to Eli Creek and visit the famous Maheno Shpwreck. In the afternoon we visit Lake Wabby (the deepest lake on Fraser Island). Next up, we drive to your accommodation at Eurong Resort, where we’ll be arriving in the late afternoon. After a refreshing shower, it’s dinner time and time to enjoy the facilities of amazing Eurong Resort or walk on the beach.
Your second day on Fraser Island and we’ll be getting another early start, to ensure you get to make most of your time on this World Heritage listed island!
After breakfast (continental style breakfast – cereal, toasts, spread, tea & coffee), after breakfast we head inland through some amazing rainforest where we can see some of the island’s unique flora and hopefully spot some wildlife too!
Our destination for this morning is Lake McKenzie, famous for its clear blue water and sandy beach, covering more than 150 hectares and five meters in depth. We then drive back through the rainforest on the way to the beach where we will stop for lunch before we depart the Island at approximately 2:30pm, stopping at Rainbow Beach first to drop off our vehicles, collect the bonds and drive back to Noosa by bus where you’ll be arriving around 5pm. Just in time for the exclusive post-tour party at KB’s, an awesome ending to an awesome tour!
PLEASE NOTE; Exact itinerary will vary depending on weather and tides
PLEASE NOTE – This option only runs December > April. Please check out the 3 day option outside of these dates.
What’s included :
- 1 night accommodation in a 4 share en-suite dorm at Eurong Resort
- 4WD Vehicle hire
- Professional and knowledgeable guide
- Safety briefing held at Nomads Noosa the night prior to the departure
- Meals while on the Island (Day 1 – lunch, dinner, Day 2 – breakfast, lunch)
- Return ferry transfer to the Island
- Local fees
- Exclusive post tour party at KB’s Bar
- A compulsory pre-tour briefing is held at Nomads Noosa , at 18:00 pm the day prior to the departure to the Island
- Passengers wishing to drive must be a minimum 21yrs of age, and hold a valid drivers licence ( minimum 2 years driving experience necessary).
- A $250 pp refundable* cash bond will be collected at Rainbow Beach ( credit card imprint for all drivers) prior to the departure. * provided the vehicle has been returned undamaged. Make sure you have cash with you as there is no ATM’s to use in Rainbow Beach. Alternatively you can pay non-refundable $10 excess reduction fee instead.
- Open dated bookings – allow a minimum of 4 days notice
- Sleeping bag available for hire $10 per person per trip
- Please be ready at Nomads reception by 7:30 am in the morning of the departure to the Island. If you miss the bus you will miss the tour. Make sure you have checked out of your room and have your luggage with you .
Food: Meals are provided Day 1 : LD, Day 2 : BL You can also purchase snacks at the general store or bakery located at Eurong Resort.
Security Bond: A $ 250 cash security bond will be collected on arrival at Rainbow Beach. Please ensure you have cash with you, there will not be any ATM’s to use in Rainbow Beach. Your bond will be given back to you in cash at the end of your tour providing the vehicles are returned without damage. Alternatively you can pay $10 cash non-refundable excess reduction fee.
Tour cancellation less than 72 hours prior departure and no-shows incur 100% cancellation fee . Changes permitted up to 72 hours prior departure