Fraser Island is one of the biggest bucket list items on the East Coast of Australia and there’s no better way to see it than a 4WD tag along tour.
This Fraser Island tourwith the team from Nomads spans 3 days and 2 nights – where you’ll soak up all the amazing experiences that the largest sand island in the world has to offer.
From the crystal clear waters of Lake Mackenzie and the refreshing Champagne Pools to the magnificent sand dunes of Lake Wobby and the views from Indian Head Lookout – this trip packs in a lot.
At night you can kick back and relax at the comfortable dorm accommodation in Eurong Resort – or enjoy a few drinks at the bar with your new travel buddies.
But best of all you get to cruise along the beach in a 4×4 – which is an epic experience in itself!
…and don’t forget to keep a watchful eye out for the local dingoes!
Please note when booking select your tour start date. Pre and post tour accom will be added automatically.
|Options||Tour Only ($529), Tour + 2 Nights Accommodation ($549)|
|Departs||Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (Winter), Daily From 1st December to 31st Mar|
You MUST attend the pre trip safety briefing @ 6pm, Nomads Noosa the night before your departure.
Depart Noosa for Rainbow Beach by 7:30am, where you’ll catch the ferry across to Fraser Island and begin your adventure! Cruise up the beach and inland through the jungle tracks to the stunning Lake Mackenzie. Make sure you’ve packed your GoPro and swim stuff!
Time for your first full day on Fraser Island! Highlights from the day include;
- Floating peacefully down Eli Creek
- Taking some awesome pics at the magnificent Maheno Shipwreck
- Stunning views across the coastline from Indian Head Lookout
- Coloured Sands and The Pinnacles
Your final day on the island! Wake up early to make the most of the last of your time by hiking through the rainforest tracks to Lake Wobby – the deepest lake on the island and the perfect spot for a morning swim. After checking out the surrounding sand dunes it’s time to make your way down the island to the ferry crossing.
Depart the Island at approximately 2:30pm , stop at Rainbow Beach to drop off our vehicles and drive by bus back to Noosa arriving at around 5pm – just in time for the exclusive post-tour party at KB’s!
PLEASE NOTE; Exact itinerary will vary depending on weather and tides
- 2 nights accommodation at Nomads Noosa – $40
- 3 nights accommodation at Nomads Noosa – $50
Please notify us of add ons in the notes section of the checkout page
What’s included :
- 2xnt accommodation in a 4 share en-suite dorm at Eurong Resort
- 4WD Vehicle hire
- Professional and knowledgeable guide
- Safety briefing held at Nomads Noosa the night prior to the departure
- Meals while on the Island (Day 1 – lunch, dinner, Day 2 – breakfast, lunch)
- Return ferry transfer to the Island
- Local fees
- Exclusive post tour party at KB’s Bar
- A compulsory pre-tour briefing is held at Nomads Noosa , at 18:00 pm the day prior to the departure to the Island
- Passengers wishing to drive must be a minimum 21yrs of age, and hold a valid drivers licence ( minimum 2 years driving experience necessary).
- A $250 pp refundable* cash bond will be collected at Rainbow Beach ( credit card imprint for all drivers) prior to the departure. * provided the vehicle has been returned undamaged. Make sure you have cash with you as there is no ATM’s to use in Rainbow Beach. Alternatively you can pay non-refundable $10 excess reduction fee instead.
- Open dated bookings – allow a minimum of 4 days notice
- Sleeping bag available for hire $10 per person per trip
- Please be ready at Nomads reception by 7:30 am in the morning of the departure to the Island. If you miss the bus you will miss the tour. Make sure you have checked out of your room and have your luggage with you .
Food: Meals are provided Day 1 : LD, Day 2 : BLD, Day 3 : BL You can also purchase snacks at the general store or bakery located at Eurong Resort.
Security Bond: A $ 250 cash security bond will be collected on arrival at Rainbow Beach. Please ensure you have cash with you, there will not be any ATM’s to use in Rainbow Beach. Your bond will be given back to you in cash at the end of your tour providing the vehicles are returned without damage. Alternatively you can pay $10 cash non-refundable excess reduction fee.
Tour cancellation less than 72 hours prior departure and no-shows incur 100% cancellation fee . Changes permitted up to 72 hours prior departure