If you’re travelling the East Coast of Australia then a Fraser Island tour should certainly be one of your top bucket list items – the worlds largest sand island is an epic place to explore!
So why not join the crew of K’Gari Adventures (formerly Dropbear Adventure) for their 3 day/2 night Fraser Island Tour – perfect for those who wanted to experience everything Fraser Island has to offer.
With the option to start/finish in either Rainbow Beach or Noosa this tour will easily fit into your travel plans (even a long weekend escape from Brisbane!) and you’ll experience all the highlights that Fraser Island has to offer from your eco accommodation base at the Beach House – including Lake Mackenzie, Eli Creek and the Maheno Shipwreck amongst others.
Jump behind the wheel of a 4×4 and enjoy cruising along beach highways and through incredible rainforest terrain, with your tour guide leading the way to help you make the most of Fraser Island and stay safe at the same time!
This is the ideal Fraser Island Tour for those who want to experience the full Fraser Island experience, meet heaps of new travel buddies and tick off one of Australias top tours!
|Departs From||Noosa, Rainbow Beach|
- 11.30am: Arrive on Fraser Island
- 12.30pm: Settle into our Wilderness Camp site
- 2pm: Explore the islands lakes and beaches
- 6pm: Relax on the beach with a beer
- 7pm: Enjoy a classic Aussie BBQ
- 8am: Leave camp
- Explore the island’s lakes and beaches
- 12.30pm: Lunch
- Explore the island’s lakes and beaches
- 5.30pm: Relax at camp
- 7pm – Chicken Stir Fry
- 8.30am – say goodbye to camp
- enjoy your final day of exporing
- 2pm – pick up your bags from The Beach Camp Eco Retreat and start heading back to the mainland
Fraser Island Camping Tour Inclusions
- Off road 4WD experience with minimum risk
- Under 21s (over 18) can drive our 4WDs
- Driving is optional – drive or be driven if you prefer
- Experienced Drop Bear guide
- 3 man tents – never sleep more than 2
- Self-inflatable mattresses
- Sleeping bags and pillows at NO EXTRA COST
- Hot camp shower
- Pasta free menu
- Freshly sourced local ingredients
- Collecting and tasting Wongs – Aboriginal delicacy
- Catching worms for fishing bait
- Fishing rods available
- Didgeridoo lessons
- Sunset Boomerang sessions
- Guitar available
- Jenga, playing cards and many more games
- Group photos uploaded to Facebook for FREE
- It’s ALL INCLUSIVE!!!
Fraser Island Tour Highlights
- Lake McKenzie
- Central Station Rainforest
- Lake Wabby
- The Maheno Shipwreck
- Champagne Pools
- Indian Head
- Eli Creek
- Double Island Point *
- Rainbow Beach Coloured Sands *
- Cooloola National Park *
* = ex Noosa ONLY. Please note sites visited are dependent on time constraints, weather and tidal conditions. Fraser Island is constantly changing and not all tour extras can be available every time.
Courtesy Pickup Locations
- Noosa Flashpackers
- Noosa Backpackers
- YHA Hasle Lodge Noosa
- YHA Colonial Village
- Aussie Woolshed Hervey Bay
- Dolphins Beach House Sunshine Beach
- Rainbow Beach Bus Stop on Spectrum St
Departs from Noosa and Rainbow Beach
Departs on MONDAY & FRIDAY
Pick up Times
Noosa – Between 6.45am & 7am
Rainbow Beach – Between 10.00am &10.30am
Drop off Times
Noosa – Between 6pm & 6.30pm
Rainbow Beach – Between 4pm & 4.30pm
Drop Bear Adventures tours depart on MONDAY & FRIDAY from Noosa at 6.45am and Rainbow Beach at 10.15am. To confirm a booking for an open dated ticket please give 5 days notice. ALL BOOKINGS MUST be reconfirmed 24hrs in prior to tour departure by calling or texting +61 487 333 606. If you do not reconfirm your tour at least 24 hours before your tour departure is not guaranteed.
What to Bring: Small backpack, beach towel, togs (swimsuits), thongs (flip flops), refillable water bottle, torch (flash light), insect repellant (Nov-Apr), waterproof jacket, suncreen and your CAMERA!!
Handy tips: bring along a few beers and snacks. NO GLASS! Its very expensive on Fraser Island but there is a shop if you forget anything, or run out 😉 In the winter months make sure you pack some warm clothes but dont worry about being cold when you sleep you can always have 2 sleeping bags 🙂
Drop Bear Adventures
Phone: +61 487 333 606