White water rafting in Rotorua is one of the adrenaline highlights of New Zealands North Island and indeed the whole country!
So join the team from Kaiktiaki Adventures and tackle the famous Kaituna River – home of the worlds largest commercial waterfall, Tutea Falls at an impressive 7m high!
Your expert and experienced rafting guides will teach you all the skills you’ll need to safely negotiate this amazing river network and tackle the 14 awesome drops and rapids en route.
Throughout your time white water rafting you’ll be surrounded by incredible New Zealand rainforest, and when you’re not busy bouncing through the rapids your guide will teach you more about this amazing landscape and the Maori history of the place.
With years of experience white water rafting around Rotoura and the rest of the world you’re in safe hands for this incredible trip filled with thrills spills and Kiwi goodness!
Even though you’ll leave soaked we guarantee you’ll have a smile on your face!
- ALL EQUIPMENT PROVIDED
- Courtesy transport is provided in Rotorua area
What makes Kaitiaki Adventures unique…
- Safety ie; instructions and workshops-we offer a full and comprehensive training for our clients, allowing clients to participate without prior experience.
- We offer the total package – action, adventure, culture, adrenaline and fun-not only are our trips action packed but they touch on local history and focus on giving clients a touch of culture- so each person leaves informed, exhilarated and with a basic understanding of aspects Maori.
- Our theme is ‘Peace’ – encourage New Zealand as a peaceful destination.
- Our role is Kaitiaki- guardian, custodian and caretaker of the river-We take our role seriously not only as guardian of the river but to encourage an environmental consciousness. We have begun our journey with our environmentally friendly toilet, shower system and water collection from the roof. We feel this will encourage others to do the same.
- Respect Wairua(spirit)-Our Karakia(prayer) is delivered prior to all trips, allowing us to show respect to the people of the river- those who live now and those of years gone by.
3 hours round trip
Trip Time: 9am, 12.30pm or 2:30pm
Returns: 12pm , 3.30pm or 5:30pm
Open date tickets: please give 48 hours notice to book. All bookings MUST reconfirm 12 hours in advance. Ph: 0800 338 736 or 07 357 2236 or from outside NZ: +64 7 357 2236.
Rotorua Raft & Sledge Ltd
Free Phone: 0800 338 736 Phone: +64 7350 1151
PO Box 1050 ROTORUA 3040 New Zealand
Best thing I did on the North Island! The main drop was AMAZING! Thanks so much for recommending it.
Leave a Review