The Great Ocean Road is one of the best coastal drives on the planet and if you’re looking to discover everything is has to offer this 3 day, 2 night Great Ocean Road & Grampians tour from Melbourne with the crew of Autopia Tours is an amazing way to see the sights!
En route from Melbourne you’ll stop at spots like Torquay (the birth places of surf brands Quicksilver and Ripcurl), the world famous surf break of Bells Beach, the picturesque beach towns of Lorne and Apollo Bay as well as checking out Cape Otway Lighthouse – which is an amazing place to spot wild koalas!
And of course the highlight is always the famous 12 Apostles! Wander down the Gibson steps and carve at this incredible coastline, grab some awesome pictures from the lookout points and chill out in Lord Ard Gorge.
Then its onwards to the stunning Grampians National Park where you’ll learn heaps about the Aboriginal culture, discover the amazing rainforests, chill with some wild kangaroos and even visit a dormant volcano!
On your final day finish your amazing adventure with epic views from Reed’s Lookout and the Balconies as well as coming off at the majestic Mackenzie Falls!
Opt to carry on to Adelaide and finish your trip there or continue back to Melbourne before heading up the East Coast.
3 days of awesome road trip fun, amazing natural beauty and adventure!
Want to travel Adelaide to Melbourne instead? Check out this trip in reverse here!
|Finish||Adelaide or Melbourne|
|Departs||Every Tue & Fri (ALSO Sunday in Summer)|
- Torquay surf city (Home of Rip Curl)
- Coastal towns Lorne &Apollo Bay
- Historic Cape Otway Lighthouse exclusive visit
- Look for koalas in the wild
- Rainforest walk
- Historic Shipwreck Coast
- See 12 Apostles & Gibson Steps
- See sunset along the Great Ocean Road
- Overnight stay along the Great Ocean Road
- See Loch Ard Gorge and the collapsed London Bridge
- 12 Apostles in the morning light
- Bay of Martyrs & Bay of Islands
- Warrnambool, Tower Hill, an amazing dormant volcano and wildlife haven
- Enter the Gariwerd /Grampians National Park
- Learn about Aboriginal heritageat Brambuk Cultural Centre
- Overnight stay at the foothills of the Grampians
- Evening campfire (weather permitting)
- Wake up with kangaroos at your doorstep
- Explore the Grampians on a scenic nature walk such as Wonderland, Venus baths or the Balconies
- Cool off at majestic Mackenzie Falls
- Native bird & wildlife spotting
- See Reed’s Lookout & the Balconies
- Continue to Adelaide or return to Melbourne
- Adelaide passengers arrive in Adelaide at 7.00pm at Franklin Street Bus Station on the 3rd evening
- Overland adventure from Melbourne to Adelaide
- Take a journey along the National Heritage Listed Great Ocean Road
- Checkout the pristine surf beaches and seaside town of Apollo Bay, spot Southern Right Whales (Jun-Sep)
- Rainforest walk in Great Otway National Park
- Be blown away by the beauty of the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge & Razorback
- Uncover the wonders of Tower Hill Conservation Reserve an ancient volcano streaming with wildlife
- Explore the rugged wilderness of the Grampians National Park and guided scenic bush trails
- Spectacular Reed’s & Boroka Lookout views and MacKenzie waterfalls
- Learn about our Indigenous culture at Brambuk Cultural Centre
- Guaranteed Australian Wildlife sightings ie. kangaroos, emus, echidnas & koalas
- One-way transfer from Melbourne to Adelaide
- 2 Nights’ hostel dormitory accommodation – with shared facilities (Warrnambool, Halls Gap)
- Includes: 2 x Breakfast, 1 x dinner
- National Park entry fees
- Guided walks (~6.5km total)
- Australian wildlife sightings, in the wild!
- Experienced driver guide
- Air-conditioned small group travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner city pick up and drop off points
- Any meals not indicated
- Travel insurance recommended
- Personal expenses
WHAT TO BRING
1 Litre water bottle, 15kg soft luggage or small overnight bag, any medications you usually take, please ensure you pack appropriately, all weather conditions, warm jacket, thermals advisable for the colder months, sturdy comfortable walking/hiking shoes with tread, hat, sunscreen & sunglasses, swimmers, towel & toiletries, camp torch/headlamp, camera.