Looking for a Fraser Island day trip? Well this one day adventure with the team of K’Gari Explorer packs in all the best bits of the largest sand island in the world for those who are a bit pushed for time on their East Coast adventure!
After being picked up from your accommodation in Rainbow Beach you’ll head across on the boat to Fraser Island where you’ll cruise around the beaches and through the rainforest with your guide on a comfortable air conditioned 4WD bus.
With stops at Lake Mackenzie, 75 mile beach, Eli Creek and the Maheno Shipwreck you’ll experience why Fraser Island is such a highlight of any trip to Australia.
|Start Locations||Rainbow Beach, Hervey Bay|
Holiday surcharges apply to Easter, school holiday and xmas periods – please contact use for more details if you wish to travel on these dates.
This is not a tag along 4×4 tour (where you have the opportunity to drive) – transport is on a guide driven 4×4 tour bus.
- Central Station – this former logging station that housed schools and shops for the bustling timber industry is now a tourist stop. Stroll along the Wanggoolba Creek boardwalk to discover the ancient King Ferns, towering Ghost Gums and Pine trees.
- Lake McKenzie – enjoy a revitalising swim in the crystal blue waters and relax on the sandy white beaches… it’s picture perfect!
- Seventy-Five Mile Beach – as you drive along this sandy highway, you may spot birds of prey flying above or humpback whales as they migrate past (between July – November). You may wish to join the Air Fraser team for a scenic flight over the island – book with your guide on tour (optional extra).
- Eli Creek – float down this fast-flowing freshwater creek pouring out 80 megalitres of water daily into the ocean.
- Maheno Shipwreck – enjoy a photo stop at the rusting wreck of the Maheno washed ashore during an out-of-season cyclone in 1935 – it’s one of Fraser Island’s most recognisable sites.
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands – learn how these technicolour sand formations were created and the Butchulla legends surrounding them. We stop to take a picture as we drive along Seventy-Five Mile Beach.
- Courtesy pick up from your accommodation and barge transfers to Fraser Island.
- Full-day guided 4WD tour.
- Buffet lunch at Eurong Beach Resort.
- National Park fees.
What to Bring:
- Pack a day bag with swimmers, towel, hat, zinc sunscreen, insect repellent, comfortable walking shoes or sandals,
- sunglasses, essential medication and don’t forget your camera. We do provide water, but a reusable water bottle is always
- handy and great for the environment.
07 4194 9222 [email protected]
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review