Fraser Island is one of the biggest bucket list items on the East Coast of Australia and there’s no better way to see it than a 4WD tag along tour.
This trip with the team from Dingos Fraser Island, departs every Monday and Thursday, spanning 3 days and 2 nights – where you’ll soak up all the amazing experiences that the largest sand island in the world has to offer.
From the crystal clear waters of Lake Mackenzie and the refreshing Champagne Pools to the magnificent sand dunes of Lake Wobby and the views from Indian Head Lookout – this trip packs in all the top highlights and more.
At night you can kick back under a blanket of stars, camping in true adventurer style.
But best of all you get to cruise along the beach in a 4×4 – which is an epic experience in itself as Fraser Island is home to some stunning beach highways.
…and don’t forget to keep a watchful eye out for the local dingos too!
|Trip Style:||Mid Range|
|Suited To:||Adults only|
- Venture across the whole of magical K’gari (Fraser Island) in self-drive 4x4s with a group of fun, adventurous travellers
- Visit the beautiful Lake McKenzie, Eli Creek and Champagne Pools
- Hike Indian Head to be rewarded with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean
- Sleep beneath the stars in a private, exclusive campsite which is managed by the Butchulla (K’gari’s First Nations people)
- Relax in Eli Creek and explore the ancient rain forests
- All your food for K’gari (Fraser Island)
- Fuel for 4x4s
- Tent, camp mat, sleeping bag and pillow
- All camping, National Park and vehicle permits
- Return ferry transfer
- 4WD driver training on the beach
- All 4x4s have iPod / MP3 adaptor cables
- 4x4s escorted onto the ferry
- Luggage storage and safety deposit
- $20pp comprehensive insurance to be paid on arrival at the Safety Briefing.
- BYO alcohol (no hard liquor or goon allowed – pre mixed cans ok).
What to Bring:
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Swimwear and towel for those wishing to swim
- Refillable water bottle
- Small day bags only
- Driver License (if wishing to participate in driving)
Day 1: Depart Rainbow Beach The morning starts bright & early with our compulsory tour briefing at 7AM sharp at Freedom Hostel, to receive comprehensive information to prepare you for this exciting journey. Here you will be placed into groups and have the opportunity to organise luggage storage. You will also be taught how to drive safely on Fraser Island ahead of your big adventure!
Day 2: K’gari (Fraser Island) The day begins with a quick breakfast to fuel your busiest day on K’gari (Fraser Island)! First stop is Eli Creek, a beautifully clear creek perfect for a relaxing swim. Travelling north, stop at Maheno Shipwreck for a photo opportunity and a short history lesson about this famous K’gari (Fraser Island) icon before continuing on to Indian Head, K’gari’s (Fraser Island) highest point. From here you may be lucky enough to see whales and sharks in the ocean before travelling to Champagne Pools for a dip. Lunch is served at either Maheno Shipwreck or Champagne Pools on Day 2 depending on time constraints, safety and beauty. In the afternoon, travel back to camp for dinner and drinks.
Day 3: Return to Rainbow Beach Start with breakfast before cleaning and disassembling your campsite. Once packed up, you’ll drive to the beginning of the Lake Wabby walk where you’ll stride through the dunes to find a tropical paradise! Lunch follows your trip to Lake Wabby before you begin the drive down the beach and back to the barge. Once arrived on the mainland, head to the 4WD shed where you can unpack and quickly clean the cars. You will return to Freedom Hostel between 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
- Itineraries may be changed due to tides and weather conditions to ensure you maximise your time on K’gari (Fraser Island)
PLEASE NOTE; Exact itinerary will vary depending on weather and tides
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review