Fraser Island is one of the biggest bucket list items on the East Coast of Australia and there’s no better way to see it than a 4WD tag along tour.
This 2 day, 1 night camping trip with the team from Cool Dingo – where you’ll soak up all the amazing experiences that the largest sand island in the world has to offer.
From the crystal clear waters of Lake Mackenzie and the refreshing Champagne Pools to the magnificent sand dunes of Lake Wobby and the views from Indian Head Lookout – this trip packs in a lot.
At night you can kick back under a blanket of stars, camping in true adventurer style.
But best of all you get to cruise along the beach in a 4×4 – which is an epic experience in itself!
…and don’t forget to keep a watchful eye out for the local dingos!
|Accommodation Options||Quad Share, Twin Share|
DAY 1 – THE ADVENTURE BEGINS
Lunch + Dinner
- Grab your day pack with towel, swimmers, sunscreen etc.
- Take a dip in Lake McKenzie – Fraser’s most perfect lakeside beach.
- Visit the historical heart – Central Station and the rainforest boardwalk.
- See ancient King Ferns at Wanggoolba Creek and visit Pile Valley’s famous Satinay trees.
- Trek to Basin Lake, which is perched high in the dunes.
DAY 2 – FRASER’S BEAUTIFUL BEACH SIDE
Buffet Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
- Drive along 75-Mile Beach ocean highway
- Swim in crystal-clear Eli creek with ocean views
- Visit The Pinnacles Coloured Sands and learn about local mythology
- Snap a photo of the SS Maheno wreck on 75-Mile Beach
- Climb Indian Head for Fraser Island’s most spectacular views
- Experience the natural rock pool jacuzzis at Champagne Pools
- Choose an optional Air Fraser joy flight and take off right from the beach.
PLEASE NOTE; Exact itinerary will vary depending on weather and tides
NO TENTS! NO SLEEPING BAGS! NO COOKING! NO DRIVING! NO EXTRA FEES! NO WORRIES!
Forget airless tents; rest easy in a gorgeous bushland setting!
- Comfy timber Wilderness Lodges
- All linen provided (sheets, pillows and cases, blankets and bath towels)
- Gender based quad share rooms
- His and hers shared bathroom facilities – hot showers
- Large communal area
- Kitchenette with free tea and coffee making facilities
- Insect screened
- Ceiling fans and heaters.
We’ll do all the prep and cleaning!
- Daily buffet breakfast – everything from fruit and cereal to bacon and eggs
- Awesome picnic lunches – cold meat and salad (buffet on Day 3)
- Full buffet dinner – themed each night
- Dietary requirements catered for.
Keep the mingle going and meet other travellers from all over!
- Licensed bar – open till late
- Theme and event nights
- Dance floor Twister, pool tables, volleyball court, music and more.
IT’S THE COOL DINGO WAY!
We take all the hassle out of planning and managing, leaving the fun part to you!
- Local, expert driver guides
- Entertaining and informative commentary
- Customised coaches that can handle Fraser Island’s harsh terrain
- Air-conditioned comfort
- Large panoramic windows.
TO HERVEY BAY:
- Ferry departs Kingfisher Bay Resort at 8.30pm (2 Day Tour)
- Drop off to commercial accommodation or coach terminal
Please contact our helpful staff on 1800 372 737 at least 24 hours prior to reconfirm your pick-up location, at this time please let us know of any dietary requirement and or health/medical conditions.
COOL DINGO 2 DAY 1 NIGHT TOUR DEPARTS BACK TO HERVEY BAY ON THE 8.30PM FERRY ONLY!
If you are holding an open dated voucher please let us know ASAP to avoid disappointment. Subject to availability.
WHAT TO BRING?
You’ll need to have a day-pack ready when you check in at the Mainland Reception (River Heads), as your 4WD adventure begins as soon you get to Fraser. Don’t forget to pack your swimmers, towel, hat, sunscreen and sunglasses, comfortable walking shoes or sandals, insect repellent, essential medication and of course a camera to click all the action! Cold water is available on tour however it’s a good idea to take your own bottle.
Although Cool Dingo Tours are all-inclusive, don’t forget money for souvenirs (an ATM is available at the resort) and drinks at the bar. The resort’s Village Store sells resort wear, groceries, drinks and snacks, alcohol, sun-screen, insect repellent, batteries, film etc.
• For all accommodated tour packages, each guest may check in free of charge up to two items of luggage with a maximum weight of 25 kilograms (55 pounds) each.
• Additional items checked in will incur a charge. Bags are available at our Mainland Reception for a small fee for guests to pack down if required.
PLEASE NOTE: Twin rooms are booked on a request basis only. Every effort will be made to confirm the request on check-in. Some twin rooms may have 2 sets of bunks but are sole use.
Double rooms may be available on request.
Cool Dingo Tours
Free Phone: 1800 372 737 Phone: 07 4194 9222