Sailing around the Whitsundays is one of the biggest bucket list items on the East Coast – who could resist the allure of the open ocean, tropical islands and some of the best beaches in the world?
This 2 day, 2 night sailing adventure on board the Atlantic Clipper is the perfect way to enjoy paradise, meet some new travel buddies and enjoy an awesome party on the open ocean.
The Atlantic Clipper comes kitted out with everything you need to enjoy your time sailing around the Whitsundays – a dive platform, snorkel kit, hot tub and even 2 water slides! For those who want heaps of sun and fun you can’t go wrong with this epic trip.
Sailing throughout the Whitsundays you’ll stop off at spots like the world famous Whitehaven Beach, hike up to Hill Inlet Lookout (for those postcard perfect pictures!) and snorkel at spots like North Hook.
If you time your trip well you’ll also get the opportunity for whale watching between July and Sept.
For those who want a little bit more adventure the Atlantic Clipper also offers the chance for an intro dive with their certified scuba instructors for just $60.
Already certified? You can also include up to 2 fun dives with your trip too for just $60 each.
|Departs||Tues, Thurs, Sat|
- Depart Airlie Beach at approx 1:30pm (departure is tide dependant).
- Once on board our friendly crew will brief you whilst sailing, during sunset, to our anchorage for the evening, waterslide and diveboard fun until we enjoy a delicious dinner and spend the evening getting to know other passengers and crew.
- Wake up and take a bush walk up to the 4th most photographed location in Australia. Gaze down on the 7km of pure white silica sand of Whitehaven Beach. Sunbathe/swim on the beautiful beach for a couple of hours.
- Head back to the boat for a snorkel/dive at one of our pristine dive/snorkel locations in and around North Hook, then sit down in the spacious galley for a sumptuous lunch, freshly prepared by crew. Our extensive permit allows us to go to all top locations in the Whitsunday’s.
- Spend the afternoon with friends slipping/sliding/spa’ing/swimming/sloshing and sunning or just sit and enjoy the view on our comfy bean bags.
- Get on board for some evening drinks and prep yourself for your delicious dinner.
- Let our crew show you how we like to have fun on the top deck, or chill out with a cold one in the air-conditioned galley with our board games.
- Fall into bed for a good kip before our final day tomorrow…
- The crew will wake you up to have yummy breaky, for you to begin your last day of sailing.
- Sail to another beautiful snorkel/dive spot and splish/splash/spa/slide and dive for some final fun on the Clipper
- Head home, for a final briefing and then spruce yourself up for a night (with any crew on land) for the after party.
WCBIA ACCREDITED – ECO ACCREDITED – T-QUAL ACCREDITED – NOMINATED “BEST TOUR” GOLDEN BACKPACK AWARDS 2012, WINNER “BEST TOUR” 2013
MAX 54 PAX AND 7 CREW INCLUDING 3 DIVE INSTRUCTORS
**PLEASE NOTE – $40pp holiday surcharge applies for trips departing 24th and 31st December ONLY (payable at ABC Travel on check in) As of April 1st 2014, $20 payable to ABC Travel on Check in – EMC $$3.50 ($10.50 per trip), Qld Parks and Wildlife – $1.74 pp per trip, Fuel levy $5 pp per trip, Admin – $$2.76 per trip.
Fresh linen, sheets, blankets and pillows.
All freshly prepared meals and snacks – special diets on request.
Please BYO drinks to be stored in our massive walk in cold room.
12 Person Spa.
2 Water slides, 1 massive 8 Metre Water slide!
6 Metre Dive platform.
Air-conditioning and hot showers
Stinger suits, snorkel equipment.
2,3,4, berth cabins – we have 21 cabins
Huge plasma T.V
Night time fun with the crew – we are famous for it!
Intro dives – $60 – A full dive with our dive team who are highly trained in taking new comers to diving, so don’t be scared – tick the box!
Certified dives – $60.
Subsequent dives – $50 (second dives payable onboard only).
Chips, chocolates and soft drinks -$3.00
Upgrade to a private double, $100 per person or a private twin cabin $50 per person.
WHAT TO BRING:
- BYO Alcohol, no glass or red wine please (workplace health and safety)
- Beach towel/towel/camera/toiletries.
- Thongs/sandals (for bush walk).
- Your Ipod – hook up to our speakers for a boogie…
- Light clothing – Evenings in winter can be chilly, days are hot. Summer is hot and sometimes wet.
- Weather proof jacket in wet season for walks.
- Your biggest sense of humour.
- Ladies (or gents) feel free to bring your hairdryers/ straighteners/phone chargers etc – we have full power , 240 volt, on the clipper and power points in all the cabins.
- **ZIPLESS BAGS**Pack in an environmental green bag or similar, memento bags available from ABC Travel if required for $4.
Passengers to check in at ABC Travel, Airlie Beach 4946 5755
season.Departs: Tues/Thurs/Sat at approx 1:30pm, bus pickup from ABC Travel to Shute Harbour
Returns: Thurs/Sat/Mon at approx 12:30pm to Abel Point Marina
OPEN DATED TICKETS PLEASE GIVE 28 DAYS NOTICE TO BOOK TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT. Upgrades will apply for low season tickets travelling during peak season, if you have booked pre 1st of April or 1st of October you may be subject to extra fees payable at check-in. All bookings MUST reconfirm 48hrs in prior to departure during office hours (9am-5pm AEST).
Ph: 07 4946 6952 or 07 4946 5755.
Transfers will incur a AU$40 fee & 72hrs notice must be given. Travel insurance is highly recommended especially during wet season (Jan-Apr) Cancellations within 14 days of departure will forfeit cost of trip*(operators discretion).
Check in at: ABC Travel, Shop 344 Shute Harbour Road between 11am-5pm on the day prior to travel or before 11am on day of departure. Please call ABC if checking in late.
**PLEASE NOTE – Departure days may change over the Christmas & New Year period. LOCAL CHARGES ARE INCLUDED IN YOUR TICKET PRICE: Environmental marine charge – $19.50 pp per day, Queensland Parks and Wildlife – $1.84 pp per trip, Admin fee 66 pp per trip. *****
NOTE: Christmas Day and New Years eve departure will have a $40 holiday surcharge payable on check in.