The Great Ocean Road is one of the best coastal drives on the planet and if you’re looking to discover everything it has to offer but avoid the crowds this reverse Great Ocean Road day trip from Melbourne with the crew of Wildlife Tours is ideal!
Instead of starting in Torquay and working along the coast to finish at the famous 12 Apostles this tours heads straight for them instead – beating the traffic and allowing you to get a much more chilled and less crowded experience!
After grabbing your icons shots you’ll then head back towards Melbourne where you’ll stop at spots like Torquay (the birth places of surf brands Quicksilver and Ripcurl), the world famous surf break of Bells Beach, the picturesque beach towns of Lorne and Apollo Bay as well as checking out Cape Otway Lighthouse – which is an amazing place to spot wild koalas!
An epic day of adventure and sightseeing that’s finished off with an awesome Aussie BBQ in Torquay before heading back the city
- Colac Park – Enjoy complimentary morning tea at your first stop to the Great Ocean Road
- London Bridge or Gibson Steps –Enjoy a short walk to one of these spectacular rock formations
- Loch Ard Gorge – Towering limestone cliffs, and amazing shipwreck tales
- 12 Apostles – View the beautiful limestone stacks that form the mighty 12 Apostles
- Otways Rainforest – Feel dwarfed as you stroll past some of the tallest species of trees in the world
- Picnic Lunch – Enjoy a picnic lunch along the Great Ocean Road
- Apollo Bay – Quaint seaside town stop for refreshments
- Wild Koalas and Wildlife Viewing – Spot wild koalas and beautiful coloured native birds
- Coastal Views – Experience world class coastal views as we wind our way along the Great Ocean Road
- Lorne & Anglesea – Pass through popular seaside resort towns
- Beach Walk – Get some sand between your toes
- Memorial Arch – Take some pictures at the historic Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch
- Surf Beach – Watch the surfers at an iconic Aussie beach
- Dinner in Torquay – Enjoy a delicious Aussie barbecue or pizza dinner before returning to Melbourne
Departs: Melbourne Daily – between 7am – 8am
Returns: Approximately 9pm
Open date tickets are subject to availability, please give 7-14 days notice to book. All bookings must be reconfirmed 24-48 hours in advance. Ph: 03 9393 1300.
Wildlife Tours Australia
Phone: 03 9393 1300